The mission of the Blackridge Civic Association is to strengthen the fabric of the community by offering educational, social and outreach activities in the east end of Pittsburgh. They are a very diverse organization that embraces and supports people of all economic backgrounds and ages.
Their old site was designed in in 2006. It was not responsive, making it difficult for mobile users to view information. Also, the website could only be updated by one person using Dreamweaver.
The BCA had several goals for their new WordPress website that I was able to achieve:
- To have a responsive site where information can be easily obtained on desktop, tablet and mobile
- To have several people be able to keep the site updated using an easy-to-maintain interface
- To automatically post to social media (currently Facebook) when a new post is created
- To automatically email subscribers a weekly update of posts created (based on the RSS feed)
- To maintain all the functionality of the current site, including being able to sign up for the newsletter, pay for membership online or make a donation using PayPal
View their updated website at blackridge-bca.org.