Kirk & Lisa Nelson own Santa’s Evergreens, a Christmas tree farm in Western Wisconsin. Online since 2009, their most recent website was an HTML site with only three pages. It didn’t showcase the full extent of their farm and offerings or answer many questions for potential customers. When they opened and closed for the season, they also had to contact their developer and wait for updates to be made.
We worked together to:
- Create a new, responsive WordPress site that they can update
- Implement global hours and opening dates so they don’t have to update every page with the information
- Showcase their additional products and services as well as provide much more information to visitors about their amazing farm
- Allow online booking for professional photographers
- Migrate their email marketing from an expensive Constant Contact account to a very reasonable MailerLite account and allow website visitors to get on their mailing list
- Configure Google Workspace as their email provider instead of just having their email forwarded to one email address
Santa’s Evergreens is also on a care plan with premium managed WordPress hosting, advanced caching + CDN, daily backups, weekly WordPress, theme and plugin updates, security and uptime monitoring, database optimization and time for tasks each month.
Here’s what Kirk and Lisa had to say about working together:
Our biggest concern is we didn’t know where to start and were not well versed with websites. The project was overwhelming. We wanted someone to assist us, but also teach us so we could become better versed. Rene was superb. She listened to our wants, asked great questions, always followed through and made videos for us for future use. We are very pleased with Rene services, knowledge and end website redesign. Our favorite part was knowing that we hired a professional, well documented, well organized, highly knowledgeable and pleasant demeanor website developer in Rene. She put us at ease, gave us a timeline, coached us, consulted with us and made us responsible and kindly followed up. She was never pushy or demanding.Rene knows her stuff. She is upfront on costs, delivers consistently on time and she provides videos so that you can go back and relearn or refresh yourself. She offers several options. She listens to what you want and tailors to your needs. She has excellent follow through and is incredibly responsive. We could not be happier or more pleased.