Liz Fetchin, a marketing and communications director in Pittsburgh, just launched Octofree — a new recipe blog where all of the recipes are free of the top 8 food allergens (dairy, gluten, nuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy and eggs).
I was able to help Liz by:
- Implementing a custom design from her designer, Randie Snow
- Creating custom post types for Love Letters (product reviews) and Recipes as well as custom taxonomies for allergens, equipment and more
- Adding custom search and filter capabilities with FacetWP
- Connecting, integrating and templating WP Recipe Maker
- Advising on creating redirects and tracking affiliate links
- Consulting on email marketing platforms
- Getting her set up with signup forms on her website, double opt-in messages, a welcome email with freebie and weekly emails showcasing her latest recipe, love letter or how to
- Training her on how to add and edit new content on her site
Here’s what Liz had to say about working together:
Before I started this project, my biggest concern was that I wouldn’t be able to find a quality web developer that I would click with and who would have the capability to automate my digital properties to make it easy for me to run my new business. This did not come true – Rene’s work is meticulous, I felt that she understood my vision, and her process made it easy to know what to expect with each step. I loved that Rene kept track of the timeline and helped me stick to it – I run another business and I’m a busy mom, so having her keep things on track was invaluable. I also loved seeing the first iteration of the test site, and the training sessions were really enjoyable.
To anyone looking for a new website or help with an existing one, I would say, “don’t even give it a second thought, just hire Rene! She’s professional, meticulous, thoughtful, diligent and kind. Working with her is a pleasure, and she’ll make the process enjoyable and easy to understand – even if you’re not used to using online tools.”