Author, psychologist, podcaster and stand-up comedian Dr. Nancy Berk originally had two sites — one for her professional brand and one for her podcast.
Nancy wanted to consolidate the sites into one when she rebranded her podcast (Whine at 9 to Entertaining Insights). She was also in need of a design refresh and several security updates.
I was able to help Nancy by:
- Assisting her with a new sitemap and content plan
- Iterating through several design revisions and implementing a custom design from designer Cat
- Importing 400+ posts from her podcast site to her professional site
- Replacing the insecure podcast plugin she was using with Libsyn’s Publisher Hub
- Integrating her newsletter signup with MailChimp
- Setting up Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Creating internal and external redirects
- Training her in the new functionality via Loom videos and Zoom
Nancy is also now on one of my care plans where she’ll receive daily backups, weekly WordPress, theme and plugin updates, security and uptime monitoring, database optimization, a monthly care report and time for tasks each month.
Here’s what Nancy had to say about the project:
I cannot imagine working with anyone but Rene on this complicated website/podcast merger and revision. Her incredible knowledge, extreme professionalism, attention to detail, kindness and cutting-edge teaching made a stressful project bearable and, as we neared the end, truly enjoyable. I learned so much during this project (technical strategies, site management, social media support tools) that will continue to benefit me in the future. Rene also encouraged and welcomed graphic design input— helping me to create exactly what I had hoped to achieve. She is extremely skilled at moving the process along when you feel like you can’t move forward, and she always makes time to answer questions promptly. It’s easy to sometimes feel like you’re in way over your head during projects like these, but Rene is the best life guard.